25.3.10

::THE GOOD EXCHANGE::

I can honestly say today was one of my highlights as a comm. arts kid!
...I can't express enough LOVE for this department, we're really like one big family. Well, most of us are. And if we don't know each other, there's events like THE GOOD EXCHANGE to spread connections, get to know people, trade awesome creations, and expand the family.
When I first heard about THE GOOD EXCHANGE ("It's gonna be a mini comic con!"), my initial reaction, being the spiteful pincushion I am, was "laaaammee". Please allow me to take my words back, and excuse my inability to express how amazing this event was in words. THE GOOD EXCHANGE was full of EPIC WIN.



I decided to finally drag out the macaroon+whipped cream charms and hairclippies I made last summer (I was bored and had nothing else to do at my parents' house back in Japan...) and decided to make a (NAUGHTY) SPILLED MILK set by pairing them with tART cards (special thanks to Hazel who gave me the cards at THE GOOD EXCHANGE workshop, + J.T. for suggesting me to do little drawings on them!)... Honestly, I wasn't too confident with my pieces and highly doubted anyone would want them...
HOWEVER!



...TA-DA!
...I was originally planning to only trade 5 of my tART cards at THE GOOD EXCHANGE @ OTIS... but what can I say, I was lured by the amazing creations of my amazing schoolmates<3 I won (I hesitate using the word "trade", because, seriously, all the items I got from people are SPLENDID!...were they in the right mind set when they wanted to trade items with me??) a T-shirt, book, zines, buttons, ring, prints, stickers...!!!! I am a truly happy child. + I was glad I got to talk to Hazel about pricing items, I was unsure how to price my items but she gave me a good insight on "selling" prices and "networking" prices, I think I have a little bit of a better understanding on the gallery system now.

A BIG BIG THANK YOU! goes to Hazel and Lorenzo who organized this spectacular event, as well as those who came to my table to check my babies out. I can honestly say it was one of the most enjoyable events I've attended at Otis!

9 out of my 18 tART sets are going to be sold at MELTDOWN COMICS this saturday! I may be showing some of my paintings there too, please come and support< 3 < 3 < 3

No comments:

Post a Comment